- You would have to think with how fast Miami fired Randy Shannon they must have someone in mind. I mean any earlier and it would have been at the half. Don't feel too bad for Randy he can take a year off and then pick his next job whether it be HC at lower D1 school, as a defensive coordinator or maybe move back to the pro ranks and join a new staff. Either way Randy is too good a person to not learn from this and have continued success. Rumors regarding his replacement at Miami are all over the board but if I were there AD Doogie Howser my calls would be first (assuming Gruden is out) to Mario Cristobal at FIU, next to Al Golden at Temple and then Jeff Tedford and Dan Mullen. College football is better when teams like Miami, Notre Dame, Penn State and few others are top 10 programs not top 30. It's your move Miami!!
- Keeping working hard Buffalo. The wins will come...soon. A good draft this year and Buffalo could be a .500 team next year without much of a stretch.
- The next time Cortland it might be worse. Why not play like a man instead of an idiot?
- Is it me or is their no clear cut Super Bowl team. Philly gets beat by Chicago, New Orleans needs and act of Roy to pull that out, if God wasn't against Stevie Johnson (lol) the Steelers would have lost and the Pats are up and down. Seriously a favorite? Anyone?
- Cam Newton think Daunte Culpepper but better. Plus he won't have that big of an adjustments when he signs his contract after already getting paid this season to play at Auburn.
- It might be me but Alabama is truly building a dynasty down there that will rival what USC and Miami had in previous years.
- Think Urban Meyer wished he didn't change his mind last year? I don't I think so but I expect a complete staff redo with a lot of these unemployed head coaches landing on his staff to coach and recruit like crazy. Hmmm maybe Randy Shannon can change colors after all Mark Richt did years ago.
- I heard something I never thought I would today from some die hard PSU fans. They all want Joe to hang it up. Maybe a retirement day is order. Come on Joe just say effective the end of the 2014 season I'm done. They can promote Bradley like FSU did with Fisher in waiting. Just a thought.
- Hope everyone is watching Friday Night Lights. What a shame that show ends this year!!!
- When it's all said and done I think Minnesota and Dallas already have their new head coaches.
Monday, November 29, 2010
Random Weekend Thoughts
Hope everyone had a great Thanksgiving. Busy but a lot of fun. Is it me or does it take forever for football season to get here but it seems to be over in about 12 minutes? Enjoy it before you know it will all be waiting for the draft. Anyway thoughts from this weekend.
Posted by Patrick Schuster at 11/29/2010